These rings are made using very strong engineered plastics.
- The rings are rigid but still springy - and very light weight.
- They are easy and fast to assemble and do not require tools. This makes them great demonstration rings and excellent for kids.
- The rings snap together forming a strong connection that is suitable for clothing and jewelry without the use of any glue - rings can be reopened and closed many times.
- They are suitable for armor. For armor applications rings may come apart when hit unless they are glued. Details on what glue to use is provided below.
- These are ideal for strong and low profile closures for jewelry and clothing.
The Clear rings are polycarbonate - They are a very strong plastic.
- They are suitable for use in combat grade armor if the rings are glued.
- The glue available at eplastics.com
- Other glues such as Crazy glue and Gorilla glue will work fine however using a special glue will fuse the rings and make a very strong ring.
The White and Black rings are Delrin. - They are also a very strong plastic.
Please Note: These rings are new to the maille community and we are still learning! See the following links and contribute your results too!
- Delrin is not easily fusable. It can be glued with Gorilla glue or Crazy glue but the bonds are not as strong as the rest of the ring.
- The Delrin rings are strong enough to be armor - but we have not found a glue that is as strong as the ring yet. If you get these for armor you will have to play with glues to sort out what is strong enough for your application. The rings do not need glue - its just a good idea if you are actually hitting the rings and don't want them to pop open.
These rings will not fit in the shipping service called Envelope Air - they are too light for their volume.
You must hit the "Order Selected Products" button to add selected items to your cart.