Greetings All! This page contains A LOT of details about our company - Our hope is this will make you more comfortable in dealing with us. We are real live humans running an actual business :)
Click here for our Vision Statement and Goals.
Click here to Read about our Environmental Initiatives
Company Legal Name: The Ring Lord Corporation
Location: We are located in Toronto, Ontario.
Federal Tax #: 860585611RT0001
Click here for our full contact info page.
Toll Free Phone: 1-855-RINGLORD (1-855-746-4567)
The History of TheRingLord.com
The story of TheRingLord starts in 1995 when Jon Daniels found a website selling mild steel rings for making chainmail at 3 cents a ring. He thought that was a little high and he emailed the company offering to supply them with rings at 1 cent each. They accepted and he started manufacturing 1 type of ring. Jon next formed a relationship with a respected website called "The Chain Mail Connection" (it has since closed up shop) and he began to sell rings through them.
Bernice Daniels saw from day one how wire and rings were taking over every free area and container in her apartment. She stepped in to control the chaos! Bins were purchased and labelled and product codes were created! Customers and orders were put in a database and a shopping cart was created! The systemizing began.
TheRingLord.com is now about a 17 person (it varies), 20 + machine company with access to dozens of maillers for finished projects. We have 2 locations - 16,000sq ft of factory and warehouse and an additional 2000 sq ft in an anodizing plant so we can control our quality!
We make the majority of the products we sell. This allows us to offer great prices and control our quality!
Here's a timeline of what we've been up to as a company.
This project list is by no means comprehensive! This is just a cursory overview.
Click this link to go to our Forum Post about Commercial, Industrial and Film Projects!
- 1995/1996: Jon starts a hobby making 1 type of ring for Medieval Menagerie and then for Chain Mail Connection where variety increases.
- 1997: Bernice, co-founder of TheRingLord.com, graduates university with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 1998: Jon graduates university with a degree in Engineering Physics. A webpage is created selling rings while continuing to sell through Chain Mail connection
- 2000: TheRingLord.com is born! Bernice develops a professional webpage and the URL TheRingLord.com is born!
- Jan: 1 million rings are sold in January 2001.
- Feb: Bernice become the first full time employee of TheRingLord!
- Mar: With 9 employees and increasing orders, TheRingLord.com orders an industrial ring making machine.
- July: The ring machine (Tor) is operational and the first machine cut rings are sold
- Aug: TheRingLord - wholesale division is opened
- Sept: 5 million rings are sold this month!!
- Oct: TheRingLord moves to the garage of a 30 acre property outside of Saskatoon.
- Feb: a 2nd ring machine arrives (Mithril), Tor is tooled to make 12g rings
- Jul: TheRingLord expands! Bernice designed and had built a 1300 sq ft building on the property.
- Mar: we hit the local news. Read the article here.
- April: TheRingLord employs over 10 maillers to create 4 huge banners for The Tower of London in London, England.
- April: a 3rd ring machine (Sam) begins operation, 3rd full time employee and a part time employee are hired for the night shift.
- Oct: Bernice creates a shopping cart! 1300 more sq ft of wire storage is built.
- March: Bernice hires a full time shipper to improve shipping speed and customer service.
- May: 4th Ring machine is purchased
- Sept: Bernice designs a shop addition and an additional 2600 sq ft facility is built, another manufacturing employee hired and a punch is ordered for making scales and punched rings.
- Nov: an industrial welded mesh making machine arrives. The machine makes 22 ga 5/32" ID welded fabric
- May: Scale manufacturing is brought in house!
- July: a 5th person is added to the manufacturing staff to keep up with production demand
- Sept: a second industrial welded mesh making machine arrives. The machine makes 24 g 3/32" ID welded fabric
- Nov: a second shipper is hired to keep up with packaging demand
- Oct: a second and larger lathe is purchased to improve tool manufacturing both for in house and for sale.
- Nov: 1300 sq feet of space is converted from wire storage to manufacturing area; 800 sq ft is added for wire storage
- Apr: another full time staff member is added in the manufacturing area.
- May: a third industrial welded mesh making machine arrives. The machine makes 22 g 5/32" ID welded fabric and we call him Biff.
- Sept: a 4th and 5th industrial welded mesh making machines arrive. One makes 24 g 3/32" ID and one makes 22 g 5/32" ID welded fabric
- Sept: 2 welded mesh seeming machines are purchased for the welded machine made fabric
- Aug: Nuvo Magazine writes an article on TheRingLord and the welded chainmail product line. Article is here.
- Sept: 500 sq ft addition is added to the factory for office, lunch room and storage
- March: CAM a CNC ring machine is added to our ring making machines
- April: an automatic weigh and bagging system arrives in house - we now pre-package most rings to make our shipping process faster
- Sept: M2 a CNC ring machine for tiny rings is added to our ring making machines
- This year was spent doing efficiency improvements and training managerial staff. Our 10th year as TheRingLord went by so fast we forgot to celebrate!
- Bernice uses her engineeering degree hard core to develop a new and improved saw cutting rig and system allowing for improvements to make rings shinier and cleaner!
- May: another CNC ring machine is purchased.
- MailleTec.com is born! 3 former employees purchase our finished chainmail fabric product line and create a company with us. We co-own MailleTec - we created a fabulous alliance with them whereby we can focus on our core ring and scale products - and they can focus on the finished fabric!
- Oct: - The Western Producer writes an article on TheRingLord. Article is here.
- another punch in commissioned, around 2000 new products are added to our offering including lots more jewelry supplies and many more sizes of saw cut anodized aluminum.
- Dec: We finally (!!!) get to announce that TheRingLord scales are in The Hobbit!
- We did HUGE amounts of work for the Warcraft movie! We made ~80 shirts and many suits of horse armor in a short 2 month period. We employed many local maillers in the task!
- With the factory move just finished, new staff trained and operations running smoothly we doubled our product offering! We went from ~3500 products when we moved in 2014 to ~ 7500 by the end of 2016. New products and entire product lines were developed and launched!
- many detailed weave info pages to help beginners and experts as well as kits for these weaves http://bit.ly/1T0rIpR
- a huge expansion of our laser etched lines - including custom etching, business cards and hundreds of new standard etched products http://bit.ly/2hfy75r
- 3 new scale sizes + numerous new materials and techniques ! We launched both the medium, XL and tiny scale product lines! We added shiny anodized aluminum scales using 3 new techniques - thin, standard size bright anodized as punched and bright anodized with edges anodized. We also added Glow-In-The-Dark large scales! http://bit.ly/1Qxndkp
- 4 new custom designed for maillers pliers are developed! Including TheRingLord Brand Armorer's plier - Specially designed for and available exclusively from us http://bit.ly/eEvx1v
- We have added a HUGE amount to our anodized aluminum product offering - this was part of the reason for the move since we now have staff inside the actual anodizing plant. Additions include many new custom and standard colors like lime and dark rose, titanium and turquoise. We also added ~10 new sizes of standard AA rings like 16g 7/32', twisted 16g 5/16', 18g 9/32', all our 19g anodized rings and 14g 3/' roped rings http://bit.ly/eZX5Ns
- We added hundred of new jewelry findings, elements, beads, metal spikes etc http://bit.ly/de3SRR
- We developed and manufactured a custom, only available from us and made by us, anodized aluminum magnetic clasp - these exactly match our rings!
- We start selling pendants! http://bit.ly/1LuTQTp
- We added several new punched tag shapes and sizes including 4 hole 1' tags, heart shaped tags and guitar pics http://bit.ly/130SJhb
- We added 2 new colors of EPDM rubber rings - Light Blue and Brown as well as a new size of Glow-In-The-Dark! http://bit.ly/hottRn
- We converted ~12+ previously custom rings sizes to standard.
- Bernice, co-founder, formally takes over as CEO of TheRingLord.com!
- All operations are consolidated and moved to the Toronto locations. Staff receives months of extensive training - hundreds of hours of training videos and dozens of manuals are polished up!
- Bernice expands TRLIS system to include raw material tracking, pricing and COGS calculations! ...oh the data we have...
- a full time Tech Developer is hired to take over that portion of Bernice's responsibilities. Bernice has always developed all our tech - apps, systems, integrations, website design and coding etc. The new Tech Developer takes over these tasks.
- Maggie is promoted to Plant Manager - she formerly rocked the role of Quality Control and Inventory Handler!
- Bernice buys Jon's shares in The Ring Lord Corporation, making her majority owner at over 90%. Grant holds the remaining shares. Jon retires from TheRingLord Corporation but remains available as a contracted consultant.
- Nicholas is hired as General Manager
- We introduced Limited edition anodized aluminum products bringing colors no one has even seen before in anodized rings
- We developed a process to allow us to expand our limited edition anodized aluminum colors to our scales product line
- Grant, Eduardo and Art (owner of the anodizing plant) purchase The Ring Lord From Bernice
- A new supplier for black stainless steel has been acquired, this reduces our lead times from 5 months down to 3 weeks
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Director of Marketing and Sales / Website Development Coordinator
Jodey & Gord
Customer Service Specialists
email addresses: orders @ theringlord.com
We typically have about 17 manufacturing and shipping staff total.
Name: MII (CNC Ring Machine)
Roles: Machine Made Ring Manufacturing
Tooled to work with the following wire gauges: 19, 20, 21, 22, 24
Names: Tor (Ring Machine)
Machine Made Ring Manufacturing
Tooled to work with the following wire gauges: 12, 14, 16, 18
Names: CAM and CAMII (CNC Ring Machines)
Roles: Machine Made Ring Manufacturing and coil making for saw cutting
Tooled to work with the following wire gauges: 12, 14, 16, 18
3 Saws for Saw Cut Rings
Roles: Fiber laser capable of etching metal.
Roles: Bags all of our pre-bagged products by weight with very fine accuracy.
Names: Perky, Bliss and B2 (Punches)
Roles: these make all of our punched products like scales and tags.
Unnamed equipment: We have too much to list. We have a fully equipped machine shop and and entire shipping container of auction bought toys like vibratory sorters.
2 lathes; anodizers; various saw cutting setups; wire drawing equipment,heat treating oven etc.
We also contract several maillers that make the finished projects.